What we are doing now
Over the next twelve months, members of Poole Partnership will work through 'A Time of Our Lives' in a practical way to deliver a series of actions that will have an immediate effect on the lives of older people in Poole. In partnership, during 2009/10, we aim to deliver:
- The Borough of Poole Charter for Older People. A clear set of principles that the Council pledges to adopt across all its services for older people in Poole.
- Increased financial support during the recession: Poole Council, Poole CAB, Poole Housing Partnership and the Pension Service will work together to offer practical advice on managing budgets, reducing bills, accessing bank accounts, grants and loans, free financial health checks, and to ensure that older people are accessing their full benefit entitlements.
- Extra support for people with dementia and memory loss: helping patients to identify symptoms at an early stage, and learn strategies to cope with their condition. The first initiative is a Memory Café - a welcoming place where people with early signs of dementia can go to get a range of support and advice.
- A £9million extra-care affordable housing scheme: 45 new flats, supporting older people who may otherwise have moved to a care home, to live independently. Residents will benefit from specialist equipment, on-site facilities, and at-home care and support.
- Personalisation: Social care that gives older people the opportunity to assess their own support needs, and spend their individual budget on the services they prefer.
- Project Purple Poole: A range of new social and health improving activities and excursions for people aged over 55.
In addition, the Older People's Services Steering Group have asked the Partnership to investigate and prioritise a number of key issues for older people in the Borough.
If you would like to get involved with developing future services for older people, and shaping 'A Time of Our Lives' in the coming years, please contact Poole Partnership by telephone: 01202 633063 or email: email@example.com.
Priority Areas (.pdf)
Poole Partnership makes every effort to virus check information made available for download on this site. Poole Partnership cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may occur from use of downloaded material. We recommend that users check all downloaded materials with their own virus check software.